2011年6月8日 星期三

As for the Shamshuipo experience:
I don't go there often. The last time I passed by was rather meaningless. I went along with a student(adult) to walk from Shek Kip Mei to Shamshuipo MTR station. And she complained to me the whole time about her miserable school life. I usually went there for sorting out materials for making my wearable art objects. I usually feel excited and full of expectations at the beginning and after a while starting to get overwhelmed by how many possibilities they provide with materials. At the end I usually ended up getting too exhausted and bought lots of things I may not need.
I have always love the chaotic settings there - it is still one of the very few truly grass-root places in Kowloon, full of trades and rude people, and full of life. It was also my mom's "area" as she used to live there more than half a century ago. It is a place of mixed feelings.

Celia Ko 6/4/2011

沒有留言:

張貼留言