2011年6月8日 星期三

it was 25 Dec. 2000.
I collected HK$2000 at my Xmas Milonga on 24 Dec. with some Xmas gits from my Tango group. We have decided to donate them to the poor children in sham Shui Po. We contacted Ms SZE Lai Shan(施麗珊), Community Organizer
For Community Organization (SoCO) 香港社區組織協會.
Ms Sze took my to the Town Hall of Sham Shui Po where thre was a Xmas for the children. The hall was full when I arrived, with about 300 children and their parents. most of them were new immigrants from China.
Each participant was given a present: one chicken leg with one cup cake (the chinese "Bu Tze Go"). The small kid sitting next to me told me that he hasn't been eating chicken leg for a long time. I was moved and gave him mine. But his mother scolded him and said that he should not have taken my "food". She said: "the lady perhaps has also no food at home too!"
The party started with a critisiam of the social policy of the HK govt. Ms Sze has then introduced 8 kids under 12 as the core member of the society on the stage. This youngsters has obviously been trained and they were bold to speak out loud and clear. All they said were protest against the policy of the HK govt and how they felt neglected. They planned to march to demonstrate as a pressure group in the near future...
The whole night I didn't feel any Xmas peace and love and happiness. I felt like in China in the olden days during the cultural revolution...
I thought they might be right but couldn't we just have one day of peace of mind and let the children played and laughed as children. There was too much hatred & sadness in that evening in the faces of the children that night which I could never forget!
 
Kam Ping Hiller 19/3/2011

沒有留言:

張貼留言