2011年6月8日 星期三

lap top

The last time I was in Sham Shui Po must have been the summer my dad died. We used to visit the government doctor there too, but this time it was to buy beads and metals for jewelery with my mum and my sister. I love how the area is segmented into different 'materials' from technological to fashion wholesale. I remember feeling sad when we walked past the computer section.
I thought about the time I took the bus to sham shui po once with my dad. He loved it there - he always went to Apiliu Street; he;d always talk about it too when he was away from Hong Kong. He loved the technological bargain bins. He bought me a lap top from there once; he was so proud that it cost $3000HKD. So cheap for a laptop. It was the only thing he had ever really bought for me himself as a gift. He gave it to me the last Christmas that I saw him. I had never felt happier. I never accepted things from him really, always wanting to be independent. Its falling apart now. But I still write on it. When it breaks down completely, maybe I will frame it. I haven't been to Sham Shui Po in a long time.

Stef Bailey 9/3/2011

沒有留言:

張貼留言