2011年6月8日 星期三

I've been in Hong Kong for about seven years now and now that I'm leaving I've a list of places and things to do that I'm working my way down. Strangely enough Shamshuipo is a place I've always wanted to go (I have a lot of friends in the clothing design business who talk about the glories of this place all the time) but have never been - it was pretty high on my list. I made a deal with my friend a few weeks back that the next time she came over from Singapore she'd take me with her - so two weeks ago I took an afternoon off work to that I could spend an afternoon trawling through the shops with her.

I don't know what would make me more frustrated about this place - knowing what you want but not being able to find it (knowing in the back of your mind it's hidden on in the wall maze of buttons somewhere - if it can be found anywhere it can be found in Shamshuipo), or being blinded by so many things you're sure you want but not really having a proper excuse or project in mind to justify buying them...

The unhappy thing that happened - they started rolling down the doors on us and we hadn't had enough yet. I think it was about 5:30 or 6:00 and the main road closed down around us in a matter of 5 minutes.

Not sure if this is what you're after...I'll probably be back sometime in the next three weeks to go and buy up the fine chains I've been coveting since I left. I'm struggling to find an excuse to buy them - especially as I'm already excess baggaged out, but I'm sure I will eventually.

Jessica Staples 15/3/2011

沒有留言:

張貼留言